Our Early Act Club being the service pillar of our school has now been in existence for nearly 10 years. Boys are given the opportunity to demonstrate their goodwill and care for others by being involved in the club. The club engages the learners in character building activities and engages them in opportunities to build skills of leadership. The boys are motivated to be part of activities to the benefit of their school and local communities. We are sponsored by and work closely with Wynberg Rotary who assists us with some of our distribution activities.
Some of our projects are:
- Collecting sandwiches regularly which is collected and distributed by the Salvation Army.
- Winter warmer drives in which we collect and distribute blankets and socks to local communities.
- Collecting sport shoes for the learners of Zeekoevlei Primary School.
- Annually we support the Sunflower fund by participating in bandana day. Thereafter we donate our bandanas to an organization who makes baby quilts and other handy baby items which is then donated to the Cotlands Children’s Home in Somerset West.
- We also collected used stationery at the end of the school year in support of the Pen and Paper Project who delivered the collection to Wyserdrift Primary in Worcester.
- Early Act club boys also do a bob-a-job activity in a support of our book week in the third term. The funds from this activity are used to purchase new books for startup libraries in underprivileged areas.
- We have an annual visit to Douglas Murray Old Age home in which we take along care pack gifts at Christmas time and entertain the residences with fun lucky draws and music.
These are a few of the many projects that we have engaged in recent times and hope that it will leave a mark in the hearts of our learners by inspiring care, respect, empathy, responsibility, compassion and tolerance for others.