Dates to remember:
Admissions opens Monday, 13 March 2023
Admissions closes Friday, 14 April 2023
WCED online portal will display the outcome of all applications on 29 May 2023. Parents are informed of the status of their application via SMS or email via the WCED online portal by 2 June 2023.
Parents of successful applicants must confirm their acceptance on the WCED online portal, by 19 June. Places not confirmed by parents on the above date will be offered to other learners.
Where the learner’s application was successful and it is confirmed online at WCED that the learner will be attending school in 2024, parents must submit certified copies of supporting documents to the school. This must be done within 7 school days after confirmation.
All supporting documents for Wynberg Boys’ Junior School must be sent via e-mail within the specified time of 7 school days. Supporting documents include but are not limited to:
- Learner’s unabridged birth certificate
- Copies of both parents’ ID
- Copies of both parents’ current residency permits if non-South African citizens
- Proof of address (Municipal bill/Deed of Sale/Lease agreement etc)
- Learner’s study permit if not a South African citizen
- Copy of Clinic Card
- Copy of last school report (If applicable)
All the above documents need to be current certified copies (the time period that is deemed to be current), NOT COPIES of a certified document.
Important points to remember:
- Wynberg Boys’ Junior School has no hard copy or downloadable Application Forms.
- Certified copies of documents uploaded to the WCED online system must be submitted to the school via email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name in the subject line or dropped off at the school in a sealed envelope, labelled with the child’s name and grade applied for.
- Applications submitted after the closing date of 19 June 2023 will be deemed a late application and will be considered only after all on-time applications have been processed.
- There will be no direct communication between WBJS and parents until parents accept their successful status at WCED online
- WBJS and its Governing Body have the right to reject applications if parents submit false/untrue information or fraudulent documents.
- WBJS strongly advises parents to apply to more than one school, so they have another possible option if the school of their choice does not have a place.
- Applications will not roll over at the end of the year.
- WBJS encourages parents to register at the WCED online portal as early as possible.
- Click here to view our Admissions Policy.