Welcome to WBJS AFTERCARE
Our MISSION Statement
We are committed to providing quality care and support in a loving environment. Peace of mind for our working parents and a home away from home for our boys.
Aftercare is housed in its own building, which is situated at the back of the school premises, with easy car access off Oxford Road after 15h00 daily. We cater primarily for Grades R, 1 and 2. Other Grades are catered for if space permits. Aftercare starts at the end of the school day until 18h00 Monday to Friday. There is no Aftercare on the last day of each term and we do not operate in the School holidays. We offer Full time care until 18h00 or Part time care until 14h45. There is a late fee penalty if your son is collected after these times. Currently we have five Aftercare staff members with a love and passion for working with children and many years of experience in Aftercare and child care.
Our DAILY Programme:
- The boys report to Aftercare to be signed in and when leaving a parent or guardian must sign him out.
- If they are going to an extra mural they must still report first and inform us of their activity and greet again when they return.
- As a safety precaution the boys are to remain in the boundaries of the school grounds and aftercare premises. No boys enrolled in Aftercare are allowed to wait at the gate or quad to be collected.
We have a Cellphone number for easy communication (via WhatsApp) of any change in their routine or collection arrangements. Boys must bring a change of clothes to play in. (please mark all uniform and civvies). We provide sandwiches with a variety of spreads and juice/water. They may bring their own healthy snacks as well as a treat for 15h00. We do have facilities to warm up cooked meals and make 2 minute noodles. Please notify us of any allergies.
We do offer a time period for the Grade 1 & 2 boys to do their homework. We encourage them to become independent workers with regard to their homework, however we do supervise and assist where we can. The onus is on the parents that all homework is completed.
On good weather days we make full use of outdoor play in our play area as well as the front quad later in the day. On gloomy days there is indoor fun with cars, toys, blocks, Lego and construction toys, books as well as drawing/colouring in. Later in the day they have some fun in the Gym hall. On Fridays we make use of the field as well as enjoy a movie.
The ENROLMENT process:
- Acceptance into the school does not automatically mean acceptance into Aftercare.
- As space is at a premium, enrolments will be on a strictly first come first served basis annually and thereafter placed on a waiting list.
- Annual enrolments are dealt with on Orientation day in October every year. Application forms are available from the Aftercare premises.
Mrs K Powell & Mrs S Israel
Please feel free to email us with your enquiry. Administrative hours are 12 until 1 pm and there after you may contact us on our cellphone.
WhatsApp Cell: 076 017 6341