Dates to remember
Admissions open 17 February 2020
Admissions close 17 March 2020
Parents are advised by via the WCED online portal
Parents of successful applicants must respond to the school by 11 June 2020
Make an application via WCED online portal https://admissions.westerncape.gov.za
Complete the Wynberg Boys’ Junior hard copy application form. Application forms are not emailed out, nor are they downloadable and must be collected from school during normal school hours, Monday to Friday.
Completed application forms with all supporting documents must be hand-delivered to school before the closing date as listed above.
Parents are advised via the WCED online portal by the date listed above.
Successful applicants must respond by the date listed above. WBJS will then communicate directly with parents.
Important points to remember:
- All parents MUST make an application online via the WCED portal: https://admissions.westerncape.gov.za and rank the schools in order of preference
- Wynberg Boys’ Junior School requires that you complete our hard copy application form and return it along with the required supporting documents, within 14 days of your online application.
- Application forms are not downloadable and must be collected from school during normal school hours, Monday to Friday.
- Supporting documents required include, but are not limited to:
- Learner’s UNABRIDGED birth certificate
- Copies of BOTH parents’ ID
- Copies of BOTH parents’ current residency permits if non-South African citizens
- Proof of address (Municipal bill/Deed of Sale/Lease agreement) Bank statements are acceptable in special circumstances but please check with Admissions Department
- Learner’s study permit if not a South African citizen
- Copy of Clinic Card
- Copy of last school report (If applicable)
ALL the above documents need to be current certified copies
- Late, illegible and incomplete applications will not be processed. NO emailed, faxed or posted applications will be processed.
- Applications submitted after the due date above will be deemed a late application and will be considered only after on-time applications have been processed.
- There will be no direct communication between WBJS and parents until parents have accepted the successful status and accepted a place at WBJS
- If parents do not confirm acceptance by the due date above, the school may offer such places to learners who still need places.
- Once parents have confirmed acceptance at WBJS, all other applications will fall away and parents may not change their choice at a later stage.
- Once WBJS receives the notification of the acceptance online, only then will the school communicate with the parents via email.
- Parents are strongly advised to apply to more than one school, to at least have another possible option if the school of their choice does not have a place.
- Parents who wish to appeal a declined application for whatsoever the reasons may be, need to make a formal appeal via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WBJS and its Governing Body has the right to reject applications if parents submit false/untrue information or fraudulent documents.
- WBJS encourages parents to apply to more than one school and to register at the WCED online portal as early as possible.
- For the full Admissions Policy click here.